Drug and Alcohol Testing in the Hospitality Industry
Substance Abuse Statistics for Food and Accommodation Industries
中国A级毛片Regarding the survey taken by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration:
Employees in the hotel/motel sector:
- 10% admitted to heavy or constant alcohol use
- 9.3% admitted to using some type of illicit drug within the last month
- 17% admitted to using some type of illicit drug within the past year
Employees in the food & beverage sector:
- 15.4% admitted to heavy or constant alcohol abuse
- 16.3% admitted to using some type of illicit drug within the last month
- And roughly 28% admitted to using an illicit drug within the past year
中国A级毛片Now let’s look at these levels of substance abuse by occupation:
|Occupation||Current Illicit Drug Use (%)||Past Year Illicit Drug Use (%)||Current Heavy Alcohol Use (%)|
Businesses of all sizes are starting to implement drug-free policies to ensure a productive and safe work environment, and the hospitality industry is no different.
By establishing a drug testing program, hospitality companies are:
- Strengthening their profitability
- Increasing the safety of their employees
- Reducing liability
- Increasing the satisfaction of their guests
- Confirming America’s reputation as one of the world’s most hospitable destinations for international travelers
What Type of Substance Abuse Testing Should Hospitality Companies Perform?
For food and accommodation institutions, most agencies still primarily use urine drug tests中国A级毛片. This is due to the fact that these cups as they are cost effective, difficult to manipulate, and can can test for a variety of substances.
Some companies opt for multi-panel drug tests that test for a high number of drugs, sometimes using a 12 panel drug test cup or higher. This is usually done by companies in high risk areas to weed out people who abuse lesser known drugs. However in hospitality, sometimes all an employer wants to test for is the SAMHSA 5 (THC, Cocaine, Amphetamines, Opiates, and PCP). You can learn more about these drugs here.
Confirm BioSciences offers a wide variety of products that are sure to meet your needs. Please visit our product page to learn more.
Why Choose Confirm BioSciences?
By ordering drug tests in bulk from Confirm BioSciences, you can get a discount on our urine and saliva instant drug testing kits and services. Our wide array of drug screening products are ideal for all sectors of the hospitality industry and we offer you the lowest prices.
- Buy Direct From the Manufacturer
- Superior Customer Service and Fast Shipping
- Deal With an Award Winning Company
- Latest in Innovative Technologies
- Thousands of Happy Hospitality Customers
- Custom Drug Configurations to Fit Your Needs
- Best Prices on the Market