Advocacy for proper and safe patient care is our main objective. Our tests are designed to yield the most accurate, reliable results so that you can focus on developing continuity in your physician and patient relationships. Confirm BioSciences’ expansive network of channel partners includes accredited laboratories, behavioral health consultants and reliable manufacturers. Years of combined experience fuels our innovation in the field of drug testing.
What We Offer
- More Drugs of Detection Than Any Other Tests on the Market
- A Catalog of Accredited and Certified Products
- Instant Results Means Quicker Decision Times
- Innovative Solutions to More Traditional Urine Testing Procedures
- Customizable Care to Suit Your Unique Clinical Needs
中国A级毛片Clinicians play a vital role in a patient’s journey to recovery. There are many avenues along which illicit drugs can be obtained, but most of them lead back to their doctor’s office.
Successful rehabilitation depends on a patient’s adherence to their prescribed plan of care. Drug testing gauges the effectiveness of treatment so primary care providers can make adjustments accordingly. Our full range of products assist clinicians in working with the patient’s care team to become recovery catalysts.
As a supplier of tools to assist with all of your clinical needs, Confirm BioSciences中国A级毛片 caters to the broad spectrum of teams involved in healthcare delivery. We recognize that compliance is nurtured, not by broad-brush intervention, but through innovation, reliability and empathy. We are dedicated to generating awareness around substance abuse because we do believe that education is the best medicine.
Innovative Drug Testing Solutions for Laboratories
Introducing the VacuLid Urine Specimen Device中国A级毛片. The innovative solution to all of the pain points you’ve been experiencing!
VacuLid How-To Video
- Saves on Transfer Time, Shipping & Storage Space and Overall Laboratory Costs
- Test Specimen Directly From the Tube When Applicable
- Eliminates Common Problem of Cup Leakage During Shipment
- Fast, Easy & Sanitary Method of Collecting and Transferring Urine Specimens
- Saves on Shipping Costs vs. Traditional Specimen Shipping Methods
- Reduces Need for Direct Contact With Urine Specimens
Reduce Turnaround Time With Fast Results
中国A级毛片Medical Laboratory Professionals are often pressed for time, and efficiency is paramount in order to swiftly, yet accurately process specimens.
- Quality control measures are often built into the point of care tests, eliminating the need for additional steps
- Integrated panels provide results in minutes through a built-in reporting system, thereby reducing average detection wait times
Provide Necessary Tools to Streamline Procedures
Lab instruments should optimize, not compromise, the precision of a test. Precision requires state-of-the-art equipment, paired with hundreds of hours of expertise.
- Customizable bulk orders suit the volume demands of any laboratory setting
- Innovative products are designed to minimize human error and maximize reporting accuracy
Maximizing Space Minimizes Cost
中国A级毛片Reducing waste and storage space enables laboratory specialists to process a greater volume of specimens without impeding workflow traffic.
- Products like our Vacu Lid Urine Transfer Device can transfer samples into vacuette tubes without compromising sanitation
- Shipping vacuettes instead of cups reduces shipping expenses
Laboratory specialists are responsible for delivering a vast breadth of services, and are the crux of successful healthcare. That is why we’ve designed products to accommodate this pivotal segment of the healthcare industry.
Confirm BioSciences Offers an Entire Line of Point of Care Testing Solutions to Fit All of Your Needs
Coupling Drug Testing with PDMPs
Deemed an epidemic by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, prescription drug abuse has unleashed seismic devastation across the United States. Overdose-related emergencies have doubled in the last seven years, according to the Drug Abuse Warning Network. Emerging in response to this trend are new preventative forms of care called PDMPs.
What is a PDMP?
Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs (PDMPs) are implemented throughout every state in the country (except Missouri) in an effort to combat drug abuse. A standard PDMP is designed to aggregate data across a statewide network of pharmaceutical dispensaries and clinical settings. PDMPs are also able to hold physicians and other healthcare providers accountable for malpractice. The ultimate goal is to deflate the swelling number of “doctor shoppers” and “pill mills” by observing the source and frequency of prescriptions issued to patients.
The Clinical Impact of PDMPs
How does a PDMP benefit the prescriber when it serves to decrease the amount of prescribed opioids? Continuous care is one advantage, and most physicians would agree that retaining patient supervision maintains plan of care consistency. This in turn preserves the practice’s integrity. For high risk patients, early detection is of paramount significance. 41% of PDMP programs resulted in a revised dosage or new prescription, accounting for nearly half of all prescription medication cases. Prescribing treatment is often a trial and error procedure, and statewide PDMPs draw a spectrum which adjustments can be made against.
Benefits of Coupling Drug Testing with PDMPs
中国A级毛片Drug screening methods, like urinalysis, are an inextricable component of prescription drug monitoring. Firstly, the CDC recommendation for drug testing is 3 times per year per patient. Frequent screening ensures that prescriptions do not contraindicate treatment for comorbid conditions. Drug tests also measure the concentration of specific drugs within a sample to determine if the initial dosage is appropriate, or whether it is diverted through a separate channel. Specimen analysis will dictate if the dosage needs adjustment by weighing results against other patient response indicators. Drug testing is a cost effective and comprehensive way to measure the success of PDMPs, and should therefore be intensively integrated.
Pharmaceutical Drug Abuse Statistics in the United States
The prevalence of drug abuse is a result of soaring manufacturing and distribution set against annual reductions to the nation’s healthcare budget. Consistently promoting awareness of pharmaceutical drug abuse can safeguard against illicit activities and encourage cost-effective practices throughout the healthcare industry.
- Prescription drug abuse kills 91 people per day in the United States, obtaining epidemic status through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Drug poisoning causes more deaths in the United States than traffic and firearm fatalities
- More than 800 000 kilograms of controlled prescription substances were manufactured in 2017, according to the Drug Enforcement Administration. This is approximately 1.5 billion pills, enough to fill thirty-nine Boeing 777s
- The Kaiser Family Foundation reported over 4 billion prescriptions were filled in the United States as of 2017, with California accounting for 11% of the nation’s total
- 1700 young adults aged 18-25 died in 2014 from prescription drug abuse, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse. This means 5 youths die each day as a result of this epidemic
- According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, 6600 people being taking prescription drugs recreationally each day in the United States
- PDMPs result in 41% of revised or renewed prescription medication plans, according to the National Center for Biotechnology Information
6 Ways to Control Sample Integrity During Collection
In general, laboratory procedures can be broken down into components that include collection, analysis and delivery. Proven quality control measures need to be implemented at every stage of this process in order to maintain sample integrity and avoid inconsistencies.
1. Organize & Preserve
中国A级毛片Frequently reordering storage maximizes capacity, which consequently affects productivity. Keeping a portion of a sample after a test is conducted can be a insurance measure in the event a test needs to be reanalyzed.
2. Use Closed Systems Whenever Possible
Closed systems can be used in used testing formats, like urinalysis. They eliminate environmental exposure, which reduces specimen contamination and improves quality control.
3. Label & Disclose
中国A级毛片Identify as much information as possible on each specimen, i.e. donor name, client name and location, type of test, etc. This will improve communication between lab specialists and prevent misidentification of specimens.
4. Consult Inserts for CLIA Waived Mechanisms
中国A级毛片Training procedures are not required when using waived testing devices. However, it is paramount to visit product inserts to ensure consistent usage, and also maintain no test is being used past expiration.
5. Report False Positives Before a Second Test is Ordered for MRO Review
If confirmation testing is required upon obtaining false positive中国A级毛片 or negative results, need to be factored into daily operating procedures in order to make sure everything is cost and time effective.
6. Track Specimen Volume From Each Referral Source
By recording the volume of specimens on a client basis, laboratories can manage their time and resources in advance based on volume projections.
Enforcing these techniques will uphold the credibility of your laboratory and staff. In a highly competitive and mandated industry, labs must garner reliability and foster confidence from referral sources.
Laboratory Guide For Effective Specimen Shipping
中国A级毛片Specimen leakage pours funding down the drain, literally.
There is a sizable conflict of interest between transportation and clinical practices, yet shipping is an inextricable component of laboratory workflow. Specimens need to be handled with care and precision, which is not always feasible under the stress of delivery.
Unfortunately, the False Claims Act and other healthcare mandates do not reimburse replacement tests as a result of specimen leakage or contamination during transport. Measures to mitigate this risk must be applied as part of responsible clinical practice.
- Use Tape & Adhesives
中国A级毛片Multiple couriers suggest using tape and other adhesives to seal containers holding biological specimens. However, this is only cost-effective in the short-term, as tape does not completely eliminate the threat of leakage. Improper removal of adhesives can also tear labels which document vital information. Moreover, tape may attract contaminants that compromise the integrity of the test.
- Adopt Vacuum Transfer Systems
Instruments like VacuLid and other urine transfer systems are long-term risk mitigators and cost savers. This procedure draws specimens into a virtually impenetrable vacuette tube. When adopted in large-scale high-volume test settings, the threat of spills caused by shipping (and collection) is eliminated.
As intermediaries in the clinical sphere, laboratories incur the added stress of overseeing proper specimen handling, storage and delivery. Using instruments with integrated preservation mechanisms will reduce the overall workload of your healthcare setting.
To learn more about Vacuum urine transfer, please visit our VacuLid page.
Drug Test Product FAQs
Do Your Products Have Any Type of Certification?
How Many Tests Come in a Single Order?
Urine test cups中国A级毛片: 25 cups per box
Vacu Lid: 25 lids per box
Urine dip cards: 25 dips per box
Saliva drug tests: 25 tests per box
What are the Average Detection Windows?
Detection cut-off levels中国A级毛片 vary based on specimen type, as well as the drugs being tested.
中国A级毛片Saliva drug test: 12-24 hours
Urine drug test: 24-72 hours
中国A级毛片Hair drug test: 30-90 days
How Soon Will Results be Available?
Our products are fast-acting, as well as quality controlled. With the exception of tests that require additional laboratory testing, our results are instant, accurate and ready in minutes.
What Temperature Should I Store My Products?
To preserve shelf-life, most products should be stored between 2°C and 30°C (40°F and 86°F). Each product has unique handling properties, so please consult the product insert.
What is the Typical Product Shelf Life?
We are dedicated to only selling products with a prolonged shelf-life. Generally, our merchandise provides accurate results within a 6-18 month window.